Wednesday 16 November 2011

The Seamless Pledge

I, Jennifer, take the seamless pledge until I move into my new house next year. I will abstain from buying any new clothes until the end of my pledge. I will find ways to be fashionable without breaking the bank and without contributing to the cycle of fast fashion consuming the high street. I will trawl through charity shops, I will attend clothes swaps, I will look for second-hand items on eBay and I will craft my own clothes with my own two hands.

Yep, I've done it. I am officially taking the pledge, and dragging my 16 month old son along with me. This is a fitting first post for my blog - as I learn how to sew I'll be able to see my wardrobe evolve, and the pledge will give me the kickstart I need.

A little about me -
Transplanted Canuck in NZ, married with a 16 month old.
Sewing equipment: 5 vintage Singer machines (401 and 417 for fancy stitches, two 201 workhorses for straight stitching everyday use, one 99 for taking to sewing classes) and an overlocker. I love my vintage machines, it makes what I do seem just a little more artistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment